Code of Ethics
- Keep to the laws and regulations on recreation vehicles. They change from state to state.
- Others have a right to peace and solitude - avoid noisy driving or riding near settlements and general recreation areas.
- Keep to approved vehicle corridors and tracks. On beaches and unvegetated sand areas, drive only where permitted.
- Alpine areas, swamps and vegetated dunes are easily damaged. Avoid them.
- Respect our wildlife. Stop and look, but never disturb or chase animals. It can affect their survival.
Keep the environment clean. Carry your own - and maybe other peoples' - rubbish home.
- Keep all fire restrictions. Extinguish your fire before leaving. Don't let your exhaust emit sparks.
- Keep to restrictions on use of public land. Respect national parks and other conservation areas.
- Get permission before driving on private land. Leave livestock alone and gates as found.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and quiet with an efficient muffler.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel and spares on trips. In remote areas travel with another vehicle.
- Join an appropriate and responsible recreation club if you use your vehicle mainly for recreation.
- Help in bushfire emergencies and search and rescue, if you are properly equipped and able.
This code is valuable only if you observe it.